If you own a business you might think Mobile Marketing is just the latest fad or newest technology that you don’t’ think you need to employ. You may be a bit old fashioned and think the traditional snail mail method of advertising is fine and adding an email marketing campaign will be enough. I like to compare Mobile Marketing to SEO. In the early adopters stage when organic methods of SEO were being used, many business owners were not budgeting for it. Some did not understand it and others didn’t think they needed to spend their money on it. Within the last 3 years, we now see that successful businesses are budgeting for SEO. Smart business owners know that to increase sales and have a national or global presence on the web, they would have to hire an SEO specialist to get organic rankings or pay Google for an advertising PPC campaign. Without it their website is just lost in a sea of information, never to be found by customers. Mobile Marketing is the same thing. Right now, in the early adopters stage, many business owners do not see the need and the value of what SMS/MMS Marketing can do for their business. However in a few year business owners will budget for it just like they do with SEO.
Hopefully your business is using social media sites and cross marketing on all channels. One of the greatest way to drive traffic to your social media sites is with SMS Marketing. Mobile Marketing comes along side of the marketing efforts you already have in place and doubles and triples them.
Here are ten ways SMS Marketing can grow your business.
1) New Customer Acquisition- There is no other form of advertising that has a two way exchange except mobile marketing. You are actively engaging your customers by asking them to respond to a call to action. If your offer is good enough, people will text and opt in to what you have to offer. This is the first step in acquiring new customers.
2) Increase your email data base- If you already have a program in place to send out monthly newsletters or emails, would you like to double or triple the number of customers in that data base? I f you answered yes, then mobile marketing can do just that. Some of our sms campaigns like Text 2 Win allow customers to fill in their email in order to win the prize.
3) Increase Traffic To Your Social Media Sites- We all would like more “likes” and interaction on our Facebook page and more followers on our Twitter page. When we send our mobile data base a text message from your company we can include shortened links to your Facebook and Twitter site. For example, Sweet Nips sent out a text message blast to 100 people that were in their mobile data base. The message said, “this message is from Sweet Nips you local bakery, for today only, we are giving away 1/2 dozen cookies to anyone who likes our Facebook page and leaves a comment.” The result? Sweet Nips gained 35 likes and the interaction on their page increased by 50%.
4) Grow Customer Base- If mobile marketing is applied correctly and you have a company that knows what they are doing, your customer base should increase at least 10-20% in the first year and increase every year after that. If you have 100 customers right now, would you want ten or twenty more by the end of the year. That is a no brainer.
5) Top of Mind Awareness- All business strive to be top of mind with their customers or potential customers. One of the best ways to do this is with SMS marketing and mobile coupons. Research tells us that only 33% of people check their email on a daily basis. However 90% of us read our text messages and the average length of time a message stays on our phones is 12 days. Add the power of sharing and you doubled your efforts. If I receive a great deal on my phone from a text message, I can forward that same offer to anyone and everyone in my phone contacts.
6) Reaching People Where They Are- Too often businesses make people jump through too many hoops to receive the offer or freebie they want to give away. SMS marketing makes it easy for your customers to reach you and engage with you all in one text message. What is the one thing we never leave home without? Our phones. Customers are more likely to engage with you in the moment they receive your text message rather than after a long day when they are finally home in front of their computers trying to read through twenty plus emails.
7) Real Time Marketing Is a Win- There is no other form of marketing that will allow you to make changes on the fly and be spontaneous For example, Jersey Subs wants to increase sales on their lunch rush. They currently have about 50 lunch customers. At 11am they sent out a text blast to their current data base that said, “Jersey Subs wants to know what’s for lunch today? Come get a sub today by 2pm and get a bag of chips and soda for FREE”. The first day they did this, they had 10 extra customers. At the end of 3 months they went from 50 lunch customers to 105. This is a very small scaled example of what can be done.
8) Cost Effective- Mobile Marketing and the SMS platform is very affordable. In the example above, Jersey Subs paid a set up fee of $25 and a monthly fee of $59.95. For 3 months their investment was $265. They gained 55 new customers and the average ticket was $10. In 3 months the new profit was $621 Would you pay $265 to earn $621? Again that is a no brainer.
9) No Annual Contract- Most Mobile Marketing Companies do not have annual contracts. Aimee Mobile Marketing allows our customers to go month to month. The way we see it is that if after 3-6 months you do not see new customers and more money in your pocket, then we are wasting your time. SMS Marketing, done correctly, will show results very soon.
10) Eco Friendly- To me, this is the cherry on top! Not only is SMS and Mobile Marketing the best way to grow your business but you are not printing and wasting any paper in the meantime. How many coupons, business cards, flyers, brochures, newspapers and ads get thrown away or litter our streets? You would like to think they are being recycled, but all too often they are just adding to our trash problem.
We hope you have a better understanding of how SMS Marketing can grow your business. We partner with many different industries and would be glad to answer any questions you may have. You can email us here. For a live demo of our virtual business card text the word Dawn to 72727 (standard text message rates apply).